top of page

Training Program Support

Public·12 members
Santiago Rivera
Santiago Rivera

[S5E4] Back In Business ((FREE))

This week, Sons of Anarchy gave the club -- and us viewers -- some time to mourn, regroup, and refocus. Jax wants to move to club away from "the shit that's killing us" and try and get back into business with girls instead of guns and drugs. The dealings with Pope have caused the club to reconsider itself, which is certainly a good thing. The "blood for blood" retaliation that they were focused on under Clay has seen its day, and it was a great little moment when Chibs and Jax put their guns down to prevent a "hood war." As Chibs sagely said, "we've got to stop killing each other over a bit of gash." Speaking (derogatorily) of women, they were at the forefront of "Stolen Huffy" and did not get the good side of anything, but what else is new in Charming? It's a dangerous place to be a bit of a gash. For more on that and why everyone seems to have a Gemma-sized problem right now, hit the jump.

[S5E4] Back in Business

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fvittuv.com%2F2udiVr&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw3QW3bW9rv31qiHI_04D2s8

Gemma wrecked havoc all over Charming this week, starting with the vice raid on Nero's business that was traced back to her altercation with Emma Jean (Ashley Tisdale), even though we later learned that Emma Jean wasn't necessarily the rat, it's likely still down to Gemma somehow. Afterwards, she was confronted by Wendy who has wised up to Gemma's mischievous ways after Gemma's advice to her on how to handle things with Tara made the situation worse than ever before. Wendy knows, however, that to have any chance at being in Abel's life she needs to at least stay friendly with Gemma now that the door has been opened and the olive branch extended. Plus, as Wendy pointed out, Gemma must be in desperate need of friends if she's turning to Wendy to bail her out of a jail.

Though Gemma tries to convince Wendy that her chance with Abel is through Jax, it may actually still be through Tara. Though Tara is rightfully tough with her, as a mother and as someone who wants to keep peace and truth at the forefront she understands Wendy and her request better than Jax, who has cut her cleanly off. It seems doubtful that the show would have dragged Wendy back into things if there wasn't going to be some future or resolution with her, Tara, Jax and Abel, but we'll see.

The attack on Carla plus Jax's suggestion (and business-related request) that Nero stay away from Gemma seems to be the nail in the coffin of that relationship. Jax seems to have a real affinity and respect for Nero, and while Nero's relationship with Gemma may typically only have gotten a raised eyebrow from him, he's right to separate them in the case of any business dealings, which Clay could sabotage out of jealousy. As he said, "that shit is deep, and it will bleed." Then he tells Nero that he had "untwisted my mommy thing" ... because he married Gemma Jr.? In any case, Jax is dolling out some good advice that hopefully Nero will adhere to, but with Gemma on the loose there's never any telling what could come of it.

Emma Jean and Lyla were on the fringes of the episode but were still important parts, showing the mercy of the same men who refer to them as gashes and talk casually about cutting off their thumbs and tits (maybe not Lyla, at least not recently, but still). Jax introduces Lyla to her new family of SAMCRO, even though she more or less abandoned them along with Opie, she has no choice now since she has his kids to think of. Bringing Lyla back into the fold from the defunct Carra Carra to the new venture Jax is looking to have with Nero would be good for her, and also as a way for Jax to keep memories of Opie -- and an obligation to look after his family -- close.

To make things worse, once Juliette gets strapped into the special PT apparatus, she has a giant flashback/panic attack about the plane crash and nearly hyperventilates in terror. Allyson gets her out and talks her down, vaguely referring to a traumatic event in her own past, but Juliette is still determined to supercharge her recovery.

I started Wherever I Look back in 2011 and have aimed to be that friend who loves watching various forms of media and talking about it. So, from bias, strong opinions, and a perspective you may not have thought about, you'll find that in our reviews.

Cindy M. 0:03 Hi everyone. I'm Cindy Moehring, the Founder and Executive Chair of the Business Integrity Leadership Initiative at the Sam M. Walton College of Business, and this is The BIS, the Business Integrity School podcast. Here we talk about applying ethics, integrity and courageous leadership in business, education, and most importantly, your life today. I've had nearly 30 years of real world experience as a senior executive. So if you're looking for practical tips from a business pro who's been there, then this is the podcast for you. Welcome. Let's get started.

Cindy M. 4:18 Yeah, or, and that leads right into the whole issue about social media and and in LikeWar, I mean, we'll talk about it in just a second. So let's just talk about your book and what it was. So you wrote this book called, LikeWar, which I think is really, really. I know it was written a couple of years ago, not that long ago, but it's still really relevant today, given the rise again, of the Facebook files and the criticisms of Instagram and how it's affecting, you know, young girls, and really just, you know, how it's affected our lives in general with the elections and, you know, democracy in general. And so I think it's worth revisiting. In this episode for the podcast, your book and your book was about social media, how it's become weaponized. And what we need to know about it. So well, let me just stop there and ask you, why did you write that book? And and you know, two years later back to you said, you're kind of a curmudgeon, and it wasn't getting enough attention. What do you think about it now? Is it getting enough attention?

Peter Singer 5:13 The starting point for that project was actually a series of conversations that I had with a young colleague, Emerson Brooking. This is way back in the day, this is in a period of like, Gosh, 2012 ish. And we're talking about this new technology space of social media. And if you recall, it was either something that people felt was, in terms of its, its consequences, it was either kind of light and airy, it didn't matter. It was just for fun. It was just for social relationships, right? You know, meeting, you know, I mean, look, Facebook starts as a way to rate who in your dorm was hot or not, that's the origin of all this. And then it starts to become a little bit of big money. But basically, it was kind of like, this is all just light, airy, or it was framed as something that was only for the good. So if you go back in time, it was, you know, you had Facebook's advertisements that were, now they almost sound kind of dystopian. Quote, the more you connect, the better it gets. Is it really that? That was their their tagline back then, too. Yeah, New York Times had an article on the democratizing power of social media, how it's going to make the world more free, make everyone more happy, more peaceful? And we, you know, we're, we're sort of, is that really the case? Is that the case of what we've seen in the past with past technologies, and you can find similar kind of discourse around like the telegraph, or the radio or whatnot, but also that hold it, there's bad guys in the world. And our project started with a look at well, but how are bad guys using this technology too? And that, that research project is what,you know, and we started looking at places like Iraq and Syria. But what happened is, the more we looked at how groups were using social media, we kept seeing this replication of similar approaches, where, for instance, ISIS's top recruiter was copycatting Taylor Swift, or to flip it. Lady Gaga fans were copycatting what Russian military intelligence was doing against everything from Ukrainian soldiers to US elections. We saw corporations and teenagers using the very same practices online. And of course, the effect of all this was both good, ice bucket challenge, and bad, ISIS propaganda. And so what it led us is this realization that social media, it was yes, it was a communication space. Yes, it was also a marketplace. But simultaneously, it was a battle space and it was a battle space where we were seeing what we called likewar. And so if you think of cyberwar as hacking networks, which again has hit everything from governments to corporations, likewar was hacking people on the networks by driving ideas viral through you know, likes and shares and sometimes lies, and the same thing it was affecting everything from governments to corporations to individuals. And so that's, that's what the like were project was about. That's how it started. And yeah, it continues to resonate today. You know, whatever topic you care about, whether it's politics on the international level or domestic politics or you care about public health, or you care about your corporations brand, or its marketing, or what employees are thinking and doing all the way down to your customers to guess what? Your kids. Everybody's shaped by targeted by and engaging in likewar, whether they know it or not.

Peter Singer 9:39 So I joke on and this is the military, anyone with a military background? And maybe maybe some business school readers have heard of Clausewitz. Clausewitz was the German officer slash military strategist that wrote this book called Onward. It's sort of the foundational, you know, military strategy book and if you're in any military academy, you have to read it and a lot of business people read on war and the like. And I joke that Taylor Swift is the Clausewitz of online, of likewar. She's the Clausewitz of, and again what's so interesting, is she literally, while she's a young teenager writes down her strategy for how she understands this emerging area of social media, and how she's going to use it to achieve her goals. To you know, basically get her music out there and get a record contract, ultimately become I mean, I think she was the youngest, I want to say like self made multi millionaire, I mean, all sorts of you know, whether you're judging it by you like your music, or you just respect her business. And she in this, she lays it out in this essay. And essentially, you know, it lays out her understanding of everything from, you know, how you build an online following, and the importance of feeding them and the, I have to go back and find the rough quote, but like, feeding them a daily diet of tiny surprises. So keeping people engaged. You're utilizing that following for your goals. You're not just, you're engaging and lifting up. I mean, there's unfortunately, people you know, learn from that and including some of the recruiters for ISIS. And Junaid Hussain was a recruiter for ISIS, who used many of the very same techniques. The flip side, and I think this is a, maybe a more interesting and challenging story for a lot of people working on the business side is what the Lady Gaga fans learned from Russian military intelligence. They basically looked at what Russia had done to essentially sabotage US democracy, target elections, in the US but also over 30 other democracies out there. Basically, by using a mix of everything from false front accounts to driving misinformation, false stories, viral painting lies out there. And as part of getting people to believe the lie, posing as trusted figures and/or trying to create movements around trusted figures. So during the election, it was, you know, false information about this or that, but Russians posing as an American veteran, or a grandmother or, you know, whatever people, they tend to trust more. The Lady Gaga fans were troubled when her movie, her first ever movie was going to come out, A Star is Born. And other corporations had the temerity to have their rival movies come out the same weekend. And so the Lady Gaga fans openly online discussed what the Russians did, we could do that too. One rival was the movie Venom. And so they posed as everything from people who had seen this other movie and would push false stories about it to concerned parents about violence in movies like this horrible movie Venom that's out there. And much like what the Russians achieved, the key was not just to drive online discussion of the target. But there's a great data point that illustrates the power of likewar, over 90% of professional journalists use social media to decide what stories to cover or not, so whether it's a radio producer, or a newspaper reporter. So in this case, the fans got coverage of their false movements on local radio shows and the like, because people would see this discussion trending. So you would have people listening to the radio hearing about it, even though it you know, wasn't the case. And it's the same thing the Russians were able to achieve. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page